Rules for the Social Competition
Field of play & teams
1. The field of play is marked with white lines. The crease is the white arc in front of goal.
2. Maximum players from a team on the court at any one time is 4 players plus a goalkeeper (i.e. 5 on court). There is no limit on substitutes.
3. A game consists of four quarters of 12 minutes with a running clock.
4. There are no time outs.
5. To restart play after a goal all players must retire to their defensive halves before play resumes. Ball starts with the goalie on the referees whistle.
Rules of the game
1. Maximum 4 seconds in possession of the ball
2. No player apart from the defensive goalie is permitted in the goal crease (i.e. players are not allowed in their own defensive crease)
3. One-on-one ground ball contents only (if a second player from the same team contests the loose ball it is awarded to the other team)
4. No stick checking or body checking
5. No overguarding. When defending the stick must remain on the vertical plane (i.e. the stick cannot be angled toward the player with the ball)
6. To be eligible for the points a team needs to have 4 of their registered players present (we arrange substitute players so that all games go ahead)